IGNOU M.Sc.- Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science (MACS)

IGNOU M.Sc has the following broad objectives to emphasis the relevance and usefulness of mathematics from an application point of view to equip the learners with the core mathematical knowledge and training necessary for use in many application areas to expose the learner to real-life problems and promote the use of mathematics in industry and applied sciences to develop a work force that is equipped with the mathematical skills that are necessary in the changing industrial and economic scenario of the country to develop human resource in emerging disciplines such as Mathematical Biology, Computational Mathematics, Mathematical Economics, etc to promote collaborative research with industry and other user agencies. To successfully complete this IGNOU Courses, you will have to earn 64 credits over a period of 2 to 4 years depending on your convenience. However, you will not be allowed to earn more than 16 credits in a semester. IGNOU are also Provide Study Material of all the Subjects.These 64 credits comprise

1. Core Courses 34 credits
2. Elective Courses 26 credits
3. Project 4 credits
Total 64 credits
Core Courses

Name of the Programme:
M.Sc. Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science (MACS)
(Offered in January only)

1)Graduates with a Major,or Honoursin Mathematics with at least 50% in Computer marks in aggregate.If the seats at a centre remain vacant then

2) Graduates with a BA/B.Sc. degree with Mathematics as one of the
three main subjects with equal weightage, having atleast 50% in
aggregate and 55% in aggregate in the Mathematics courses will be considered for admission.

Min. age Duration:
 No Bar

Year Min. Max.
2 Years 4 Years.

Programme Fee:
Rs.4900/- (I semester)Rs.4800/-(II, III & IV semester)

Medium:
English

Sonali April 20, 2011 at 6:59 PM

can anyone plz tell me the last date for the submission of application form for BCA programme.
mail Id: ssonalisood@gmail.com

Anonymous,  July 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

dear sir,
i have done b.sc. With physics and maths with 55.61% and i want to know about m.sc. mathematics application in computer science(MASC).What is the scope and eligibility for it.may i apply .my email id-
prdp070@gmail.com
plz help me..

Anonymous,  July 22, 2011 at 7:25 PM

i have done B.Sc. with Mathematics main and physics and Statistics subsidaries with 63.2% from Kerala University. Now I am working in Department of Consumer Affairs, Krishi Bhawan as UDC. I want to study M.Sc. (MACS)through Distance education from IGNOU for the January cycle this year. Kindly give me all the details. For applying the online admission for IGNOU the M.Sc (MACS) course is not indicating in Select the Program. Kindly email me. My e-mail ID is kalavnair@hotmail.com and my phone no. is 9810275930
Thanking You

Yours faithfully

Kala Nair

DEVA July 24, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Im bsc math,phy,com sci and msc com sci .could i do macs
help me .. fdevanand@gmail.com

ujjwal July 26, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Respected sir,
I have done my B.Sc(minor)with 58% from ignou.i have studied MTE- 01,02,04,05,07,08,09,10,11,12.can i apply for MACS COURSE.kindly email me.my e-mail ID is ujjwalkumarverma@ymail.com and my contact no. is 9018553420,

admin@educab.in August 2, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Hi
I would like to know about ignou msc maths admission for gvt teachers.
Presently i am working as a govt lp school teacher since 2 year.
I have bsc degree with 47% mark...
Is there chance for me to get msc thru ignou? any mark concession for teachers?
Please let me know.
admin@educab.in

Praveen August 2, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Sir i have completed B.Sc Maths major with 57%. i stay in kanpur, can i apply in RC 2 for course. kindely provide your guidance at praveenyadav786@rediffmail.com OR 9455878155.
kindely help anyone on this portal.

Hansel D'sa August 2, 2011 at 11:51 PM

I have done B.Sc Physics with 55% aggregate and Computers as my applied component.
I want to do MSc Physics or MSc Maths from IGNOU.
Please provide me details about it
Is I am eligible for M.Sc maths.
please mail me the information on
email id: hanseldsa@gmail.com

ankitnegi August 11, 2011 at 3:06 PM

i have done bsc wid 53.5% with maths and statistics as my subjects. can i do my pg with either maths or stats frm ignou. plz provide me wid all d details. my id is ankitnegi08@gmail.com

ankitnegi August 11, 2011 at 3:08 PM

i hav done bsc wid stats and maths (53.5%) can i apply for 2012 macs course plz giv me all d details at- ankitnegi08@gmail.com

admin@educab.in August 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Hi
I already asked you one question about my M.Sc Mathematics joining with ignou..But till yet i did not get a reply from you

Please give an answer

Anonymous,  September 23, 2011 at 1:40 AM

dear sir i am graduate student of ba in math economics and computer science and this year i have done bed and now i want to do the msc math so pls sir tell me about which stream is suitable for me and what is the eligibility creteria of that course. leave your answer on kittuluvs@gmail.com

pramod saini October 18, 2011 at 2:26 PM

please sir tell me about admission in m.sc.physics 2011-12 and last date of submission form.

unnikrishnan November 1, 2011 at 3:07 PM

I have done B.s.c Mathematics main and computer,statistics subsidiaries with 57% from Mahatma Gandhi College under Kannur university.Now i am working in aswini health specialities India Pvt Ltd company.I want to study M.s.c Mathematics through Distance Education from IGNOU.Kindly give me all the details for applying the online admission for IGNOU.Kindly E-mail me.My E-mail ID is unnikrishnanmgc@gmail.com.

Yours faithfuly

Unnikrishnan.V.B

priyanka November 12, 2011 at 4:05 PM

i have done b.a. with mathematics with 43% from delhi university...
i want to study m.s.c mathematics with distance course from ignou.
plz tell me i am eligible or not this course.
id: pgoyal14@yahoo.com

Anonymous,  November 21, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Hi,

I have done BE(CSE) , am i eligible for the MSc mathematics course.

Thanks in Advance
Sathya Narayanan K

Anonymous,  December 12, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I have completed my B.Tech in Information Technology and M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering.
Am I eligible for M.Sc in Mathematics through distance education?
Please reply me.
E-mail ID: soumen.atta@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous,  March 24, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I have done B.s.c Physics main and maths, computer science subsidiaries with 86% from Calicut university.I want to study M.s.c Mathematics or Physics through Distance Education from IGNOU.Kindly give me all the details for applying the online admission for IGNOU.Kindly E-mail me.My E-mail ID is siddiqchilanka@gmail.com

Yours faithfuly

Siddiq

jasheeda ta July 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM

sir, I am graduate in Physics with maths and chemistry as subsidiary subjects . I have won 100% in maths. Am I eligible for Msc mathematics of IGNOU.
jasheedata@gmail.com

Meghana Pagare,  August 1, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Respected Sir,
I have done B.Sc. (IT). I want to do M.Sc in Math. Can I take admission for this course?

Anonymous,  August 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM

What is the Admission session of MACS

My Idea August 14, 2012 at 1:10 PM

hi... i am interested in MSc Mathematics course...
Can you please let me know how to take admission and what is the last date?
Also my graduation is BE. Is that eligible for admission?

My contact details

aparna.kulkarni7@gmail.com

Kamal,  August 22, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Hello Sir, I am graduate in Mathematics with 54% from Guwahati University with Physics & Chemistry as optional subjects. Can i take admission for M Sc. in Mathematics? plz send me details of admission procedure in my email address i.e. kamalchetry68@yahoo.com

Anonymous,  September 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hello Sir I am graduate in Mathematics with 59.7% from Gandhi university in Kerala. I would like to
do M Sc i mathematics, At present I am residence in Qatar. Please send me details of correspondence course procedure and exam procedure
My email address is sunila_mathew2000@yahoo.com

Anonymous,  October 18, 2012 at 2:26 PM

sir, when will be the admission for january section for 2013 starts (msc mathematics)?
please intimate the last date for application. ?
fee?
mode of payment.?

mahaveer,  January 5, 2013 at 6:28 PM

sir,i want to take admission in m.sc maths with application in computer. i have done b.sc and b.ed.please tell me that after complete the course i m eligible for pgt maths in govt. school or not. and i will became the pgt maths teacher or not.
this course is helpful for me to apply in pgt maths jobs.bacause i think they require m.sc maths only.
please reply soon urgent last date is near to fill ignou form.

my email id is mahaveersahaniji@gmail.com

komal patel February 21, 2013 at 7:09 PM

hello sir,
i have done b.tech in computer....i am interested in maths ....so is there any course which is gud for me???
plss mail me on
patel.kdp100@gmail.com

Anonymous,  March 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Hello Sir i am btech in computer science(74%) am i eligible for Msc in Macs.

Anonymous,  April 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Dear All friend,

I am vinod srivastava and plz tell me or suggest me for M.Sc.maths distance course .i am working in allahabad and my hometown in varanasi.plz dear suggest me vinodsri82@gmail.com

sumit May 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Hello Sir i am bca in computer science(70%). And i studied maths in bca three year as major subject. Am i eligible for Msc in Macs
sbsumit946@gmail.com

preeti sanjeev December 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM

can anyone tell me the study centre for MACS in bangalore.
mail id; preetinadagoud123@gmail.com