IGNOU M.A PY in Psychology

IGNOU MAPY  is a fact that UGC has recognised philosophy as a discipline and it is being offered by several Universities across the country. The Government of India too has assigned special status to the discipline by establishing the Indian Council of Philosophical Research, and by including philosophy as a subject in UPSC and PSCs examinations.

The IGNOU M.A (Psychology) degree programme is being offered by the School of Social Sciences of IGNOU. In the recent past Psychology degree has been in great demand with many schools, hospitals both private and public ass well as the voluntary welfare agencies and correctional institutions demanding for psychologists to deal with varied problems of human behavior.Almost every school needs a psychologist with M.A. degree to work full time with problem children and also teach psychology for classes XI and XII in the 10+2 schooling. In addition many rehabilitation centers are being established all over India both in the mental health and physical disability areas, and these need immediately qualified psychologists with M.A. Degree in Psychology to man those centers.

Name of the Programme
Master of Arts in Philosophy

Minimum Duration:
2 Years

Maximum Duration:
5 Years

Course Fee:
Rs. 7,300

Minimum Age:
No bar

Maximum Age:
No bar

Graduation

For more IGNOU Admission Detail in Master of Arts in Psychology  Contact Prof VimalaVeeraraghwan Psychology@ignou.ac.in

Here is All About IGNOU MAPY

Anonymous,  September 14, 2011 at 12:52 AM

september30th is the last date for assignment submission which is too early.the course started late.plse can u provide some more time so that we could collect the materials

naman gaur September 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM

wanna know that admission in MA programme in phycology still open?

if yes the what is the last date and could i pay total fee in installments?

Anonymous,  November 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM

i hv taken admission in mapc course now i wanted 2 knw d syllabus 4 d 1st year
can anyone helpme plz

Anonymous,  November 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM

I want to join MA physcology distance course ..... Want to know when is the next academic session going to start .... And also want to know about the form details ....

Anonymous,  November 14, 2011 at 11:56 PM

jyoti November 30, 2011 at 3:51 PM

imran khan,  December 3, 2011 at 12:36 AM

i m going to seeking adm. In MA psychology distance mode so i want to know that; the group b.c.d of 2nd year are compulsary or one of them is optional as shows on group b.c of ur prospectus. Plz rply sharp.

Anonymous,  December 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Want to know the last date for forms submission for MA Psychology course.

ruchika sharma January 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM

when can i get study material for ma psychology for session dec 2012

ruchika sharma January 16, 2012 at 5:50 PM

when can i get study material for ma psychology course, of dec 2012 session

sunita March 28, 2012 at 9:28 AM

i want to do MA in psychology.when the addmissions will be start?

asha May 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Is it mandatory to do BA in psychology for pursing M.A PSYCHOLOGY?.I completed Bsc Nursing, and I wish to join M.A psychology. Psychology was one of the subject during First year Bsc nursing. Am I eligible to apply for M.A Psychology. Kindly reply.

Anonymous,  May 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I passed Bsc NURSING. Now I wish to join M.A Psychology course. Psychology was one of the paper during first year Bsc nursing.Am I eligible to apply. Is it mandatory to have B.A in psychology to apply for M.A Psychology.

Anonymous,  June 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Have aplied for 2012 MA Psyc Programme in distance mode . Not getting any reponce . how to track the status? anyone applied for this year?

Anonymous,  June 20, 2012 at 2:31 AM

hey,,, i intend to do a MAPC this yr and I plan to apply at IGNOU (Mumbai) by the end of June. The only issue is that when I checked out the different programs available through the online site, I couldn't find MAPC. Can someone please help me with this?!?!?!

ja29990 June 20, 2012 at 2:37 AM

hey Sunita, the admissions have started! last date is 30th July, with an extension that goes up to 14th August ( with an extra charge of rs. 200)

Pankaj Singh July 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I took the admission in July 2011, i missed the to fill the examination form, i want to appear for exam in dec 2012, Kindly guide my email id is pankajraj1982@gmail.com

Anonymous,  July 26, 2012 at 6:21 PM

i have completed B.A.addl in english literature frm recognised university. am i eligible for M.A. in child psychology?my email id is nimishapsaboo@gmail.com

Hasan Raza August 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Dear Sir/Madam,

I finished B.com in the year 2006 and currently Marketing Professional. Actually I want to do Master in Psychology course form IGNOU. Am I eligible?. Kindly advice me.
My email id is: h.r3210@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Hasan Raza

Anonymous,  August 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

hey i am doing B.A(hons) sociology from Janki Devi Memorial college. i am in final year. i wantd to knoe tht whether i cn pursue MA psychology as a regular student. what is the eligibility for this course and when do the admissions take place?
thnks
sukriti

christine,  September 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Hi my name is christine i m interested in doing a ma in psychology n i heard d admissiins r still goin on ..cud u pls guide me wit dat. my id is christinedsouza2489@gmail.com

Anonymous,  October 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM

HI, ARe admissions still open for the MA PSychology course ? ARe there contact classes also available for students from Chennai ?

Anonymous,  March 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I'm Syed Ahmed Kabir Ijaz Fazil.My Fiance is willing to apply for MA in Psychology in this academic year.She is graduate in B.A English Literature.Can I know where I can get the application details.my email id is er_ijaz@yahoo.com