How to Understand IGNOU Grade Card System

How to Understand IGNOU Grade Card System: Here is the complete Procedure to calculate your marks ans to understand the IGNOU Grade Card System. The evaluation of leaners depends upon various instructional activities undertaken by them. A learner has to write assignment responses compulsorily before taking term-end examination from time to time to complete an academic program. A learner has to submit TMA responses to the Coordinator of the Study Centre concerned to which s/he is attached. A learner should keep duplicate copies of assignment responses of TMA that may be required to be produced at Student Evaluation Division on demand. Term-end examination is conducted at various examination centers spread all over the country and abroad in June and December.

IGNOU University uses the Following System for Grading Student evaluating learners achievement
A Excellent
B Very Good
C Good
D Average
E Unsatisfactory

For Bachelors' and Masters' degree programmes, normally the system of numerical marking is followed, and the marks secured in assignments, TEEs, etc. are later converted into grades as per the five-point grading scale given above. However, if required by the learner, the university provides numerical marks and division (I, II or Pass). Calculating IGNOU result from grade card is also a tough thing for IGNOU students. A particular subject (Practical/Theory/Assignments) has its own weight age like 15% of total, 50% of total, 25% of total etc. Although your perception is correct according to your Marking scheme i.e. 70% weight age for theory and 30% weightage for Assignments. But according to IGNOU's official Grade Card issued to students, Decimal values are avoided and the marks are round offend.

For example: If someone got 27.1, 27.2, 27.3, 27.4 then on the Grade Card it will be 27.
If it's 27.5, 27.6,27.7 etc then IGNOU Grade card will have 28.

The Calculation procedure for finding percentage is given in your BCA Programme Guide.
Its 30% weightage for Assignment and 70% weightage for TEE exam for FST and FHS. Eg: If you got in FST: Assignment marks=(88+88)/2=88 so weightage for assignment = 40% of 88=35
TEE marks= 42 so weightage for TEE= 70% of 42=29
So total marks you got is 35+29=64
Similarly for CS courses(without practical) weightage is 75% for TEE and 25% for Assignment.
CS courses with practicals (CS-611, CS-62, CS-63, CS-68,BCS-061 etc) weightage is 60% TEE, 15% practical Exam marks and 25% for Assignment. If you are not BCA Students you can also calculate your percentage by following same procedure.Hope you can calculate your percentage now.

If you are still Confuse then here is the IGNOU Official Address to get response on quesries related to Result, Re-evaluation, Grade Card, Deputy Registrar (Exam-III), SED, IGNOU, Provisional Certificate, Early Declaration
Block-12, Room No. 1, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 of Result, Transcript, etc. kramesh@ignou.ac.in or Ph. :29536103, 29535924-32 / Extn. : 2201, 2211, 1316

Anonymous,  March 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I have sent an email on but no response to get information for my pending IBO-05 result. Neither they have been publishing result not giving any reply for update and therefore, I am not able to start further procedure for Term Examination form. Please advise whether result of IBO-05 is pending or declared and if declared then why it not showing? Thanks & regards, Abdul

bhagwant bhateja March 10, 2012 at 11:39 PM

in TEE 2011 I got E grade and I fill JUNE -tee, 2012 form on line.now I need to submit ASSInment OF this subject again. I submit assinment in last tear. and got C grade .

Anonymous,  April 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Sir
My name is Suman Chahal.My enrollment no is 100145536.
I am Student of BSW. I very confused about practical Journal .what the matter should be write on individual group conference .....Please suggest me how can i complete..i have collected necessary information. ...I am working with govt dept. My email Id is chahal.suman21@gmail.com
students of BSW can also contact through email....

Anonymous,  May 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM

please tell me the improved paper procedure from ignou.

Aditi May 7, 2012 at 6:55 PM

please tell me the procedure of improvement paper of ignou.

Aditi May 7, 2012 at 6:56 PM

please tell me the procedure of improvement paper of ignou.

dheeraj maurya July 30, 2012 at 11:29 PM

in my result in grade section * sign is mention,i can,t understand the * means so kinly explain

dheeraj maurya July 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM

in my grade card mp examination 2012 shows * in grade section ,i,m not able to understand ,so pls explain

santosh,  August 9, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I got A in three paper and B in one paper so what will be over all percentage?

Rajesh Prabhakar August 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Hi,
This is Rajesh full frustrated from IGNOU, recently I shifted in Pune from Hyderabad and regarding the change of my regional center I had given written application to the Director of Hyderabad regional center but even after 2 months I did not get any response. The executives of regional center never pick up the calls or many times it remains busy.I mailed them 10 times after this but no response yet. I had a different respect with this University but its going.... I am enrolled in MP programme. Kindly help me out here guys..

Kamti,  August 20, 2012 at 2:32 AM

How much passing mark in AHE-1 in theory (application oriented course on human environment)

Sahil August 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Sahil Sharma

What is the minimum % required to pass a particular subject by considering the weightage procedure in B.Com.( how much out of 100 to pass a subject).

vijay September 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM

sir/madam

how much passing mark in BDP exam 100

ukdwivedigs August 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM

You have written as given below:
If you got in FST: Assignment Marks = (88+88)/2 = 88, So weight for assignment = 40% (Should it not be 30% and you have written 40% and, accordingly, further correction should be incorporated) of 88 = 35 )actually should have been 26 only.
So total marks you got should be 26+29 = 55. Please correct your statement.